About our Therapist
Nim has been working as a healthcare professional since 1998. Her inspiration to become a therapist came during her recovery from a back injury she sustained on a tube train which took four years to recover from. She first qualified as a massage therapist, then a sports and remedial massage therapist before progressing to becoming a Chartered Physiotherapist.
She has worked with a broad range of organisations including MS Action, Mind, and the NHS, as well as running private clinics based in a variety of Health Centres and at QMotion at Queen Mary’s University in London.
Description of treatment
Nim has experience with successfully treating the following conditions:
· acute and chronic injuries and conditions
· musculo-skeletal injuries and conditions
· sports injuries
· post-op rehabilitation
· neurological conditions
· respiratory conditions
She has run:
· Pulmonary Rehab 12-week courses
· Hyperventilation and Respiratory clinics
· Post-op hip and knee classes
· Elderly rehab classes
· Neurological rehab classes
· Falls Prevention clinics
· Balance classes focusing on Stroke and Parkinson’s rehabilitation
· She has also worked closely with the Queen Mary’s University rowing team providing pre/post event input
Nim has worked with a broad range of clients including semi-professional footballers, cyclists, runners, rock climbers, professional and semi-professional musicians, professional and semi-professional dancers, professional actors, professional singers, artists, hairdressers, office workers, market traders, professional drivers, new parents, children accompanied by an adult, and retired clients.
· Muscle Spasms, Muscle Strain, Ligament Sprains, Tendonitis, Repetitive Strain
· Post Fracture, Post Op, Reduced Mobility, Reduced Functional Ability
· Arthritis, Asthma, Cystic Fibrosis, Hyperventilation
· Stroke, Parkinson’s, Cerebral Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis
· Headaches, Neck pain, Whiplash, Frozen Shoulder, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Golfers/Tennis elbow
· Scoliosis, Kyphosis, Lower Back Pain, Sciatica, Pelvic Floor conditions
· Plantar Fasciitis
Initial assessment £50 for 45mins
Obtaining a history of the presenting injury/condition, brief medical history, objective tests such as range of movement, sensation tests, muscle strength tests, nerve pathway tests, gait analysis, biomechanical assessment, postural assessment, ergonomic assessment, use of outcome measures. Once full assessment has been completed a goal orientated treatment plan is created. If appropriate a client may be advised to seek medical assessment prior to treatment.
Follow-up sessions £40 for 30mins or £55 for 45mins
Treatment ranging from manual input (muscle lengthening, muscle strengthening, reducing nerve impingement, myo-fascial release), rehabilitation, home exercise programs (HEP), self-help programs, and continual re-assessment using outcome measures.
Sports and Remedial Massage:
Initial assessment £40 for 45mins
Obtaining a history of the presenting injury/condition and a brief medical history. Once an assessment has been completed a treatment plan is created. If appropriate a client may be advised to seek medical assessment prior to treatment.
Follow-up sessions £30 for 30mins or £45 for 45mins
Manual treatment (muscle energy technique, soft tissue release, myo-fascial release, lymph drainage), home exercise programs, self-help programs, re-assessment.
For further information, a free consultation, or to book an appointment please contact Nim directly on 07932 692 035 or by email email@example.com
Please call 0208 549 8000 to make an appointment with Nim.