About our Therapist
The main reasons Charlie’s clients come to see him is because Reiki will make them feel more relaxed, relieve pain and help them sleep better.
Charlie experienced Reiki over 15 years ago when a friend bought him a book on the practice, he then then taught himself and practised Reiki on myself friends ,family and even family pets.
Reiki resonated with him and over the years he has progressed from keeping it to himself and family to become a certified REIKI PRACTITIONER this has changed Charlie’s life, Reiki continues to help him on a daily basis by keeping him relaxed ,focused and happy within himself.
Charlie’s mission is helping others to enjoy the Reiki healing and benefit’s it can do for you.
You may have heard of reiki but don’t quite know what it is. Maybe you’re considering reiki but aren’t sure whether it’s right for you. Or maybe your doctor has suggested reiki as a form of therapy complementary to your existing medical treatmentsThe basics of reiki — a safe, gentle, non-invasive form of natural hands-on, energy-based healing .• a healing technique based on the principle that the therapist can channel energy into the patient by means of touch, to activate the natural healing processes of the patient’s body and restore physical and emotional well-being.
• Originating from Japan a man called Mikao Usui developed reiki in the early 1900s, after learning about healing in all the religious modalities and finding a way to be able to use the information deriving the term from the Japanese words rei, meaning “universal,” and ki, which refers to the vital life force energy that flows through all living things. Now, reiki is used all over the world, including in hospitals and hospices to complement other forms of health treatments.
• Reiki heals by flowing through the affected parts of the energy field and charging them with positive energy. It raises the vibratory level of the energy field in and around the physical body where the negative thoughts and feelings are attached.
• Health benefits
Reiki promotes relaxation, stress reduction and symptom relief to improve overall health and well-being. It can:
• Bring on a meditative state.
• Foster tissue and bone healing after injury or surgery.
• Stimulate your body’s immune system.
• Promote natural self-healing.
• Relieve pain and tension.
• Support the well-being of people receiving traditional medical treatments such as chemotherapy, radiation, surgery and kidney dialysis.Beware! Treatment may create feelings of:
Reiki is not a substitute for your Doctors treatment
• Reiki treatment should not be used as a substitute for the consultation of a physician or a psychotherapist.
• Reiki complements other types of medical and therapeutic treatments, and it can increase the efficacy of other types of healing.
• If you’re already in good health, though, regular reiki treatments can enhance your ability to respond to stress and serve as a form of preventive medicine.
What conditions may reiki treat?
“Because it works on the entire self – mind, body and emotions – and because it is universal life force energy, reiki may be successful in all types of physical, emotional, mental and spiritual healing.
Reiki isn’t specific to any particular type of disease or condition but may help people with:
• Chronic pain
• Digestive problems.
• Parkinson’s disease
• Psychological distress, including depression and anxiety.
• Stress-related illnesses.
• Reiki can also help you prepare you for surgery which may help boost your recovery afterward.
• Blood Pressure
• Head aches
• Rheumatic pain
• Better sleep
• Improves immune system
• Healing Animals
• Reducing inflammation and healing infections
• Reduction in physical pain including headaches, migraines, joint pain, back pain and more
• Provides relief during emotional upsets and sorrow
• Giving you a greater feeling of relaxation, peace and contentment.
• Improving focus and clarity
• Speeding up recovery from a long term illness
• Reducing the side effects of chemotherapy
• Opening up your third eye chakra to improve intuition and access to higher wisdom
• Expanding your crown chakra to allow a greater connection to spirit
• Many people feel immediate benefits from just one Reiki session. Those with chronic, long-term, or deeply routed issues should consider a series of Reiki sessions or ongoing Reiki sessions until symptoms improve.
What happens in a reiki session?
Reiki treatments typically last between 20 – 50 minutes. During a session, you’ll lie on a massage table fully clothed covered with a light blanket your reiki practitioner gently places their hands, palms down, on or just above your body in specific energy locations. They use a series of 12 to 15 different hand positions.
“The length of time that the practitioner leaves their hands in each position is determined by the flow of energy through their hands at each location.
Reiki differs from other touch therapies in that there is no pressure, massage or manipulation involved.
What does reiki feel like?
“You may experience the energy in the form of sensations like heat, tingling or pulsing where the Reiki practitioner has placed their hands.
• Most people feel very relaxed and peaceful during reiki treatment.
• Sometimes you may see colours
• Very soothing
• You may fall asleep during the process.
• Reiki can do no harm as it is non – evasive and only works for Good
Please call 0208 549 8000 to make an appointment with Charlie.