Neighbourhood Midwives: a midwife you know and trust
Neighbourhood Midwives believe that the relationship between a woman and her midwife is at the heart of a good, safe childbirth experience. Our approach is built around a handful of fundamental principles. Liz is a midwife with Neighbourhood Midwives and has lived and worked in Surrey for over 20 years. She is passionate about pregnancy and supporting women to make empowered choices about their pregnancy and birth. Liz is experienced with all breastfeeding situations and enjoys working with women and their families in the community settings.
Neighbourhood Midwives is a fully insured service and all our midwives work to our comprehensive midwifery guidelines. Our evidence-based clinical guidelines are woman-centred and based on best midwifery practice and the most up-to-date research. We work closely with our colleagues within the NHS to ensure that you have access to any additional care should you need it. We are registered with the Care Quality Commission.
Our midwives work in small, community-based practices, so your midwife is always local to you. All appointments will be arranged at a time and place convenient for you, be that at home or work. In addition to regular appointments, she can offer advice over the phone at any time of day or night, or arrange ad hoc visits.
Available for Q& A consultation regarding any aspect of your care:
£50 for 30 mins
£100 for 1 hour.
Consultation services offered include:
• Counseling for screening tests
• Birth planning
• Antenatal check up
• Explanation of your maternity notes
• Minor complications of pregnancy advice
• Breastfeeding one to one support
• Newborn screening & baby weights
• Birth debrief
In addition, Neighbourhood Midwives offer a comprehensive range of services, including our full care packages. We would be delighted to discuss any aspect of these with you at any time, including details of our charges. Typically these would include:
• Antenatal midwifery care: Approximately 10 visits from your Nominated Midwives in your own home (or other nominated location) between the Commencement Date and the commencement of labour.
• Labour midwifery care: Attendance at your birth from your Nominated Midwives at your nominated location, including early labour assessment, full midwifery care if you choose a homebirth or support and advocacy in hospital. Includes waterbirth, active birth and examination of the newborn.
• Postnatal midwifery care: Approximately 8 to 10 visits from your Nominated Midwives in your own home, hospital or other nominated location during the six week period following your birth, with frequent visits in the first week and extended postnatal support thereafter. Includes personal breastfeeding support and newborn blood spot screening.
• Unlimited, 24/7 access to your Nominated Midwife via telephone and / or email for the duration of the Services.
Call Liz on 07866 899290 for an appointment.
Please call 0208 549 8000 to make an appointment with Liz.