What is Pilates?
We as individuals must take responsibility for our own bodies. We cannot expect to see change without any internal focus or effort. Pilates is fast becoming a trend all over the world and is certainly here to stay
What’s it good for?
Make an Appointment
If you feel that Pilates is for you and want to book a session please call 0208 549 8000. You can also check our Therapists own pages for their individual availability.
More about Pilates
Pilates’s success rate has been brought it to the attention of the medical profession. Osteopaths, Chiropractors and Physiotherapists are now recommending Pilates as one of the safest forms of exercise available.
In order to get the maximum benefit from Pilates classes, our Therapists provide small classes of one, two or three persons.
The benefits of Pilates are immense and include:
- Less incidence of back pain
- Better posture
- Improved flexibility
- Lowered stress levels
- Toned buttocks and thighs
- Toned arms and shoulder area
- A flatter stomach and a trimmer waist
- Fewer headaches (where they are posture-related)
- More efficient respiratory, lymphatic and circulatory system
- No more unevenly worn shoes (where posture related)
- A better balance between strength and suppleness
- Greater strength and muscle tone
- Boosted immune system
- Increased bone density – suitable for Osteoporosis sufferers
- Greater joint mobility
- Better co-ordination
- Greater body awareness
- Fewer injuries
- Improved performance