What is Sports Massage?
Sports massage is combination of deep tissue and remedial massage techniques used to address muscular and other soft tissue imbalances that may have been results of injury, lifestyle habits or biomechanical error. Its associated techniques are useful in aiding recovery from injury, stress, fatigue and promoting rest and relaxation.
What’s it good for?
Make an Appointment
If you feel that Sports Massage is for you and want to book a session please call 0208 549 8000. You can also check our Therapists own pages for their individual availability.
More about Sports Massage
Regular sessions of sports/deep tissue and remedial massage have been proven to lower blood pressure, reduce stress levels, improve flexibility and posture and strengthen the immune system through improved blood and lymph flow.
Other benefits of Sports Massage include:
- Improve joint range of motion
- Improve flexibility
- Promote relaxation
- During and after injury
- Help alleviate pain
- Return agility and balance
- Speed up recovery
- Address compensation patterns
- Aid rehabilitation
- Relieve tension, aches and pains
- Improve circulation of bodily fluids
- Reduce or increase muscle tone
- Injury treatment and prevention
- Identify and correct soft tissue irregularities
- Reduce stress levels thereby improving performance
- Identify and correct postural imbalances
- Increase body awareness
- Improve soft tissue pliability, breakdown scar tissue and adhesions
*With chronic pathologies, it helps alleviate stress and maintain or improve energy levels. Where these conditions have limited movement ability and range, certain massage techniques can help with restoring movement to joints, muscles and fascia.