Having a baby is an overwhelming experience and often can be a very busy time for parents, baby massage is a chance for the parent and baby to take some time out, relax and spend some quality time each other, which can prove to be soothing for both baby and parent.
Baby massage has been used in eastern cutlers for centuries and in many countries is a part of their daily routine. Next week at Kingston Natural Health Centre we begin a new course in baby massage with our therapist Victoria Hand. Massaging your baby can have may benefits from soothing colon spasms to making your baby feel more secure. In Victoria’s classes she guides parents through the gentle technique of baby massage focusing on areas where your baby may be troubled.
Here we give you 10 great reasons to massage your baby:
- Helps expel trapped wind
- May provide relief from colic
- Can provide relief from constipation
- Aids digestion
- Releases endorphins our body’s natural pain relief
- Can help improve immune function
- Improves circulation
- Aids relaxation and sleep
- Strengthens the bond between parent and baby
- Is uplifting for both parent and baby