In the third instalment of aromatherapy oils, here are our top 6 ways of using them at home.
1. Take a large bowl and fill it with boiling water. Then use 5 drops of the essential oil of your choice and start inhaling the steam with a towel over your head. Do this for approximately 15 minutes. This works great if you are looking to relax.
2. Use 10 drops of your favourite essential oil and mix it into your bath for a calming treat.
3. Put a couple of drops of Lavender on you pillow to ensure a good nights sleep.
4. Pour a 5 drops into your massage oil for an even more relaxing experience.
5. If you have a stomach ache a couple of drops of peppermint essential oil in a hot cup of water will provide you with instant relief.
6. Your favourite essential oil can also be used as an air freshener by pouring 4-5 drops into some water in a spray bottle. Just shake and then spray away!